Thursday 6 May 2010

Slide 5 - In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?


As you can see this slide compares my double page spread to one in a Kerrang magazine.

1. The idea of the images of separate band members in the Kerrang magazine influenced me to doing the same in my media product, this is a good convention as it informs the reader with the bands and the main story is focusing on them making the reader feel more connected with the magazine itself.


2. I have also put the names of each band member under each of their photos which helps a reader understand who the interviewer is talking about if they don't know the band already, this is another convention used in the Kerrang media product.


3. As I have done extensive research into stories in double page spreads I noticed that quotes are pulled out of the story itself as they are usually funny, interesting or even fiery which would make the interview appealing which is why I have included some in my double page spread.

4. As well as including images of the whole band I have used an image of one of the band members playing live, this is effective as it enables the reader to gain more of an insight into the performance element in the band portraying it to be a music magazine.


5. The main text consist of an interview with a male member of an indie band and a female member of a rock band which links in with both genres I'm trying to portray in my media product, the language used is informal, colloquial and uses a lot of slang which is another convention as it suits the target audience I'm trying to attract.

No comments:

Post a Comment