Thursday 6 May 2010

Slide 13 - Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at my preliminary task I feel that I've learnt a lot about the different elements of Photoshop as well as knowing how to construct a magazine with a professional approach.

As you can see in this slide my preliminary task wasn't as successful as my main task, I used the primary elements such as headings, headlines and basic images. I then did extensive research on how what to apply to my media product and progressed considerably as I took more time into my planning and this was therefore show in my completed magazine.


I feel my heading is unclear in the preliminary task and doesn't stand out as much as the type of font I've applied to my main magazine, having a dull title would portray the magazine to be somewhat boring and unappealing. On my front cover of the preliminary task there isn't a main stories as I have placed two images showing there to be two different stories, whereas in my main task I made sure I applied one main story on the cover to attract my audience and is also planned out and structured efficiently showing it to have a more formal yet professional approach.


With regards to the headlines I have used on my main task it explores a wide range of stories that are highlighted in my music magazine, this is a good convention compared to the way I've set out my preliminary task as I have ensured I've used different stories to attract different types of readers who are interested in my media product. This contrasts with my preliminary task as I used headlines that were to do with formal news within the school which showed I didn't widen the range of stories that could have been included in my magazine such as games, competitions and things helping students to relax in becoming stress free.


When thinking of applying a background to my preliminary task I simply used the "gradient tool" which was very simplistic, making me have a two tone background. Although this did fit in well with my task I made sure I applied the "fill" tool making sure my main magazine had more of a professional approach to it. As I have mentioned numerous times before, my planning for my preliminary task compared to my final task was extremely unorganized resulting in a messy and tacky product, I felt that planning helped me dramatically change the way I was creating my media product.

No comments:

Post a Comment