Thursday 6 May 2010

Slide 2- In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?



Here is how my media product uses forms and conventions of real media products:

1. The heading of my magazine and the Kerrang magazine product I have researched are similar in a variety of ways as they have a clear and recognisable title for the readers to remember easily. I also feel that my title of the magazine would be eye catching to my potential buyer when placed on a shelf as it has an informal look to it which would essentially stand out compared to other magazines.

2. Here I have included inducements for my audience which includes Competitions; this is a good marketing technique as it will make my reader feel as if they're getting more out of their money which would influence them to purchase my product.


3. As you can see on my cover and the Kerrang cover they both feature two main images linking in with the main story, this is effective as it shows the reader that it's the initial focus within this issue. This looks more professional because if there were a lot of images on the cover it will look too messy and unorganised, by making sure I have one image enables the magazine to have a professional approach and sell the main story for the week.


4. I have included headlines in my magazine which are placed in the left third also showing a professional approach, and I have made sure I have highlighted stories that will interest both a male as well as female audience.


5. I have made sure I had a main story heading which took up a majority of the page so that it stands out to the reader informing them that it's the main focus.


6. I thought of a variety of bands names to inform the reader of what's in the content of the magazine, and having them across the bottom of the page would inform the reader of what else is included in the content of my media product.

No comments:

Post a Comment