Friday 26 March 2010

Audience Profile: Music Magazine

The magazine I will be creating for my main task will consist of a rock and indie genre, it will be a weekly magazine as it is focusing on two different types of music which therefore means there will be a great deal of information that wouldn't essentially fit into a monthly issue.

I have decided on the title of the magazine to be "Fusion" the reason is because if connotes a clash between both music genres suggesting they "fuse" together within the content initially fitting in with the magazine as a whole.

My target audience will be both male and female with a majority of the readers aged between 18-36 because some of the content may be explicit and contain bad language due to the stereotypical views based on the genre of music the magazine focuses on; the magazine will entail a variety of stories attracting both genders. I feel my audience would be interested in a variety of things including: music, fashion, festivals, concerts, gigs and modern technology. Some of the readers would be in higher education, university and have a part time or even a full time job. My ideal reader would be extremely fashionable and be aware of all the new, current and up to date styles in today's society. They would be wearing clothes from stylish retail stores such as Topshop, Topman, River Island, etc and attending a variety of music gigs such as V Festival, Reading and Download. The variety of cover lines I have used throughout the magazine will help my audience engage with the stories and i have related them to the uses and gratifications I have learnt about enabling my content to influence an individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment