Friday 22 January 2010

Finished front cover of nature magazine


In today's lesson we used our original picture and started editing it on photoshop, i used the techniques we were shown in the tuturial to make my magazine cover have a more professional approach. I started off by enhancing the image by adjusting the saturation and hue, i done this to add a more naturalistic effect to my image by making the grass more greener and the trees look brighter to attract my audience to as the cover is the first thing that catches their eye.
I then applied the masthead on the cover and used an orange colour as it is bright and stands out, whereas if i used a dark colour it wouldn't be appropriate as it would be too dull for the nature topic i am working on. I decided on the masthead "The Beauty Beyond Nature" because it uses powerful alliteration as it is catchy and is a positive way to describe nature. I also added the date line, a bar code and also the price of the magazine to make it seem more realistic and professional.
In the middle of the page i added text which describes what the magazine includes, also on the left third of the page i have used headlines to stories that the reader can read if they purchase the magazine. I used white text to show the headlines as it contrasts with nature and is a good colour to use as it shows purity and health it is also a easily recognisable colour to read on a green background, it is more effective as opposed to using a darker colour because it wouldn't stand out as much to the reader.
This task was very enlightening because it helped me gain a better understanding of how to use the tools on photoshop, I have now got more knowledge of how to edit a picture in various ways and will use this task as it has helped me to be more confident using the software which will now be essential when having to complete my preliminary task.

1 comment:

  1. A very good front cover Naoimi. You show the ability to use the available software and understanding of the key concepts of magazine cover design.

    ReplyDelete